Monday, June 27, 2011

Live Painting....




I was asked several weeks ago if I would do "Live Painting" during a Wine and Food tasting party in Cambridge at the Sonesta hotel, I said yes... There were five painters there making live art and we had between three and four hours to complete a painting. I was a little stressed out for the first hour and a half while I executed a pretty (fail-listic) looking painting. I wasn't happy with it at all and started questioning whether or not I knew what I was doing. As I have done many times in my studio, I turned the canvas Vertical, and looked for a way in, a new possible form emerging and found one... "Wine Taster" acrylic on canvas emerged in front of over fifty people and was a good learning and remembering experience for me about my own creative process....

No comments: