Friday, May 11, 2012

Mermaid.

                                                   Blue Mermaid
                                                    'spriit stone'
                                                       6/3/2"
                                                       2012

This little blue mermaid swam out of my studio during open studios weekend and into the private collection of a very nice women! This small sculpture started off as a fragment of one of my students pieces that was left on the shelf at the Decordove Museum School for months if not years. I saw something in it, grabbed it and took it back to my studio. This lady with a tail started to emerge and took some time doing so as this 'spirit stone' or Blue Mist alabaster is very hard, almost like marble. I think I am going to carve some more mermaids...

No comments: